After so many weeks of lockdown, it was truly wonderful to meet up again with some girlfriends for a socially distanced, sociable cycle. These girls can cycle far and fast but today there was an equal emphasis on cycling and socialising and I was reminded of how much I love:
- The girls!
- Their friendship
- Their laughter
- The joy of cycling without always feeling the need to compete!
- Exercising my mind, body and soul
- Reminiscing over some of our shared experiences and adventures
- Our beautiful countryside
- Miles of virtually traffic free roads
- The relaxation
- The sunshine
- That whilst we all enjoyed a sociable cycle we’re already planning our next challenge……
I loved that today, cycling and chatting were of equal importance and a four hour ‘cycle’ consisted of just over two hours cycling and just under two hours chatting!! We did however cover 45 undulating kilometres at a reasonable pace which all credit to Julia she managed in a single gear! Great to be back with the girls!